ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
1. M.B.B.S. : King George’s Medical College, Lucknow
2. M.S. : G.S.V.M. Medical College, Kanpur
3. C.H.A. : Certificate in Hospital & Health Services Administration, International Hospital Federation, King’s Fund Centre, London.
FELLOWSHIP/MEMBERSHIP OF VARIOUS BODIES
1.Hony. Physician to former President of India
2.Fellow, American Geriatric Society, U.S.A.
3.Fellow, Royal Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene, U.K.
4.Member, International Hospital Federation, U.K.
5.Member, Indian Medical Association
6.Member, Review Committee, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh.
7.Program Officer, WHO sponsored workshop on Medical Education & Training-1982
8.Member, Medical Education Review Committee, Govt. of India 1982.
9.Member, Sub-Committee of Assessment of Medical Manpower Requirements and Projection of future needs.
10.Members, Advisory Committee, Radiation Exposures in Medical X-Ray Practices, Govt. of India.
11.Member, National Mental Health Advisory Board.
12.Member, Governing Body, Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna.
13.Member, Project & Selection Committee, Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna.
14.Advisor, Mohan Dhai Oswal Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, Ludhiana.
15.Technical Expert for selection for the Post of Dean, Director Medical Education-Maharashtra State and Dean Corporation Medical Colleges – Mumbai-Maharashtra Public Service Commission – Mumbai.
16.ASSISTED JOINT COMMITTEE OF PARLIAMENT FOR AMENDMENT OF INDIAN MEDICAL COUNCIL ACT AS A REPRESENTATIVEOF MINISTRY OF HEALTH, GOVT. OF INDIA – 1987-1989.
17.Member Senate, Amravati University – Amravati (M.S.) – 1992-93
1. Lecture / Reader - G.S.V.M. Medical College, Kanpur 1957-1962.
2. Assistant Surgeon Grade 1, Central Govt. Health Services and Willingdon Hospital and Nursing Home, New Delhi – 1962-1967.
3. MEDICAL SUPERINTENDENT – Govt. of Northern States of Nigeria – 1967-1970.
4. MEDICAL DIRECTOR, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria, Nigeria – 1970-1971.
5. DIRECTOR HEALTH SERVICES – Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria – 1971-1978.
6. SECRETARY, MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA, NEW DELHI MARCH 1979 TO MAY 1990..
7. VISITING PROFESSOR, NANJING MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, NANJING, CHINA
1. Full – Time Course for Senior Hospital and Health Service Administration from Overseas Jointly organized by INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL ORGANIZATION, W.H.O., KING’S FUND COLLEGE OF HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT AND BRITISH COUNCIL AT LONDON.
2. W.H.O. Fellowship – on Medical Education & training in Major Medical Educational Centers of U.S.A. Canada, U.K., Egypt, Sudan and K.S.A
3. U.S. AID sponsored visit to C.D.C. Atlanta and N.I.H. Washington, for strengthening Clinical Epidemiology in Medical Education in India.
4. W.H.O. Workshop – Regional Consultation on Reorientation of Medical Education; Trends, issues and the future.
5. International working conference "why and how to change the Health Professional Education" Maastricht, The Netherlands.
RESEARCH, PUBLICATIONS & CONFERENCES
Published Research Papers in standard Medical Journals in India and Abroad and also chaired and presented valuable papers at National and International Medical Conferences.